Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Suddenly spitting up?

Question Suddenly spitting up?

Savannah is nine weeks old. For the first eight weeks she never spit up and was the easiest baby to feed and burp. Starting a few days ago she spits up within minutes of every feeding, and it's the thick white "stuff."

We had a month of colic where she'd cry all night long and a bout of eczema that disappeared as quickly as it came. She might be dairy sensitive, but I haven't definitely pinned that down to anything I'd eaten.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Suddenly spitting up?

Eczema is a def sign of some kind of allergy??? She very well could be dairy sensitive. Does she have any acne or rashes anywhere on her body? Do you have a family history or any allergies or eczema? If you are really concerned about the spitting I would nip into the Doctor and have a weight check to make sure that the spitting is not enough to cause a slow in her weight. Also are you leaving her upright for a while after she eats, are you feeding her with her legs going down in between yours, sorda like on an incline? Also you may want to elevate her bed/your bed ( however you all sleep ) just a bit so that she is not laying flat? If she is still colicky ( which I think is related to allergies, at least it was for us?) then I would get the book, The Happiest Baby On The Block, By Dr. Karp, we found that very helpful for our "high need" baby. Keep me posted! Blessings

can pimples be a sign of an allergy? i thought they were normal and would pass!

You are right there is a normal time when I think that there are some hormone things going on in the baby and they will pass. We has acne/fussiness/gas/spitting up and a lot of colicky things and they were all connected to ds's allergies