Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: THERE IS REASON TO CRY OVER SPILT MILK

Unhappy THERE IS REASON TO CRY OVER SPILT MILK

I had to say this to someone or go nuts. Because Im pumping at work understress today I made the mistake and accidently spilt my milk. I lost only about an oz...BUT THAT IS ALOT TO ME> SO NOW INSTEAD OF MY 7 oz i only have 6

IM fighting somthing and I dont know what it is. Low supply or something and im going off the reglan Im startning to wean today. Only 2 pills aday instead of 3 and I dont know if that will affect me. I had 4.5 oz before I spilled this and It was a little over 2 So it would have been about 7 after I hand expressed...

What can I do ladies WHAT.. Im going in for thyroid check " i hope they do this because i told them I was having some problems and I dont know if its ppd or thyroid or somthing.....

I just started last night taking goats rue 2 tabs so this is my sixth tablet at lunch. Im not drinking about 20 mins before and after the pills Im taking 5 fenugreek tabs 3xs aday 3 blessed thistle 3xs aday and 4 brewers yeast 3xs a day... Im going to start taking 2 more milk pluz 3xs a day??? WHAT ELSE IS THERE> I ALready pump as much as I can without telling my family to go away and I wont see them.. My husband does like all the house work pretty much " i load and unload the dish washer and the washing maching and dryer. and Itake care of baby when im not working. The rest of the time i am either feeding the baby or pumping... HELP HELP HELP

Default Re: THERE IS REASON TO CRY OVER SPILT MILK

Oh yes. I spilled an entire bottle once while transferring to a bag and I about fainted.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

I spilled about 1-2cc on the counter the other day and said a very bad word.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

awwww its hard to spill/waste milk. I have done it a few times by leaving fridays milk in the cooler bag all week end.

As for your supply, how long do you go between pumping? Have you tried domperidone? Oatmeal is supposed to help too. Sorry mama I don't have too much good advice...just
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

Try eating oatmeal.

I spilled two full bottles when I knocked over the little table I stand everything on. I cried.

If you can stand it, pump every 2 hours for a few days to increase your supply, and if you can't, try power pumping, where you pump every 15-30-45 minutes for 10 minutes for a few hours, like a cluster feeding, in the evenings or whenever you can.

Yeah, the downside of pumping...you get nothing else done and if you are bottlefeeding on top of that, it's even worse.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Whoever said not to cry over spilled milk clearly didn't know how precious breastmilk is.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

I pump and my baby doesn't want to take the bottle so every time I pump about 4oz and give it to her she just refuses to take it and I just throw it away. So I'm wasting about 4oz every time I try to feed her with the bottle. I'm frustrated, I sometimes think that I doing too much work pumping but I'm still doing it. I also don't know what to do? hang in there!!!!!! continue pumping and forget the waste I know is awful but we have to keep going. Good luck

bugsbb - start making your bottles in one or two ounce increments. You don't want to keep on wasting that much at once. Also, 4 ounces is probably the most she will ever want from a bottle, so if you had two, two ounce bottles you would be ok if she wanted more. My first daughter was a very persistant bottle refuser and basically drank 1.5 ounce bottles every couple of hours just to get through the day.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*samuelsmom View Post
    I had to say this to someone or go nuts. Because Im pumping at work understress today I made the mistake and accidently spilt my milk. I lost only about an oz...BUT THAT IS ALOT TO ME> SO NOW INSTEAD OF MY 7 oz i only have 6
    I've been there.

WHAT ELSE IS THERE
    There's this stuff called malunggay (moringa) leaf powder. It was one option recommended to me (the other option was domperidone) by Dr. Jack Newman for my low supply. I've been taking it and it *seems* to help (I can't be 100% sure though because I was taking fenugreek and Mother's Milk Tea and did some power pumping also).

The good thing about it is that it seems harmless and VERY nutritious anyway. You can try googling for some info.

If you do decide to try it, you most likely should go for the capsules. The powder tastes extremely YUCK to me

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

I really recommend stopping Reglan and switching to domperidone if you can. I had mild ppd before Reglan and it became UNBEARABLE while I was taking it. I can't even believe that my doctor would prescribe it except for the fact that they like to pretend that domperidone doesn't exist here in the US.