Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to know if your pump isn't working efficiently after time?

Default How to know if your pump isn't working efficiently after time?

I have a Medela PIS Original purchased 4 1/2 yrs ago. I used it regularly several times a day for a year and have recently started using it again for DD2. Problem is, I'm not sure it's working to its full capacity. When I use the power cord to pump, it's slower and doesn't to work as well. I used the batter pack power thing today and it sounded faster and didn't seem to lug as bad. I've just returned to work yesterday, but I'm also not pumping as much milk as I was so not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. I don't know at this point whether to just buy a new pump or what.

Default Re: How to know if your pump isn't working efficiently after time?

Did you change your vales and membranes? They will need changing fairly often.

I got mine tested at the lactation store. They switch it on attached to a little machine and the machine makes a happy or frowny face depending on the suction level The lactation stored here are run by the hospital system.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I have the same problem. I do notice that the valves do not seem to be working correctly. Im going to get new ones today to test.

Where do I find a lactation store in my area? Just call the hospital? or LLL group? Thank you!

The hospital should know (talk to the maternity ward). If not I bet your LLL group will. But the hospital is probably quicker. You can get the valves and membranes at Target too.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.