Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cheerios!

Default Cheerios!

Does anyone else's LOs try to pick-up your nipples and put them in their mouths? My LO will sit on my lap and try to yank my nipple off. Its funny but kinda frustrating when I'm trying to get other stuff done. kwim?
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: Cheerios!

Yep, absolutely - my DD does it, particularly when we're sitting on the bed together and it's the weirdest thing...

I know eh? I don't know how to feel about it. On one hand its funny that she thinks she can pick them up and on the other hand its annoying because it hurts.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

No, but my DD will scratch and pinch me when I'm nursing her. Not sure how to get her to stop.
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nt5 View Post
    No, but my DD will scratch and pinch me when I'm nursing her. Not sure how to get her to stop.

Try holding her hand - or giving her your hand to play with. Sometimes I hook a soft toy under the strap of my nursing tank/bra for her to mess with

Mine totally does the trying to grab the nipple thing...too cute, but also sort of painful!
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

My son grabs my husbands nipples anytime he sees them. It makes me laugh every time. He doesn't try to nurse, he just pinches and pulls. Makes the husband yelp.
    Proud mama to Ryan born 6-19-10

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    - Anais Nin