Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF IS easier than FF!

Default Re: BF IS easier than FF!

Thanks ladies
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*arog421 View Post

Way to go....... I never worked up enough courage to BF in public. I'm one of the girls who make sure my LO is fed before I leave the house because I don't have the nerve to try it in public. to you tho!
    What helped me was using a nursing cover. I have a Bebe Au Lait/Hooter Hiders one. It cost me $35 which I thought was kind of spendy but it is SO worth it when you don't have to deal with the stress of trying to mess with a blanket and risk being exposed, etc. I know a lot of woman on here don't use anything to nurse. to them but I don't have the guts to do that! I put her in her Moby wrap and then put the nursing cover over me and it was easy. It's nice especially having other kids that don't want to be confined to being home all the time. (I homeschool and live 40 minutes away from "civilization")
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Great job!!!

I BF on a walmart bench and had an older woman ask me if I was BF and I said yes. She said I was braver than she was. I was a bit confused by her comment since she seemed a little upset. She then said she wished she had BF her children and it made me feel sad for all those moms who didn't have the support and information they needed to BF their babies. I wish I could all those moms who were robbed of nursing their LO.
    DS was born June - 2010
    and with lots of help and support from my hubby
    Ready to pump wean!!

MY DD is 4mo now and I have yet to BF in public. to you for doing it so successfully! I have a Moby wrap too, but I haven't figured out how to nurse her while she's in it. If anyone could offer some advice, I could really use it! Like PP, I haven't had the guts to do it in public yet and have been confined to the house. DD eats every 2 hours or so and takes at least 30 min to nurse, if not longer. This doesn't leave us much time to get out. I'm lucky if I can make it to 1 store before having to go home to nurse DD and while I'm out, I feel like I'm racing around the store to grab the items I need.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nt5 View Post
    What helped me was using a nursing cover. I have a Bebe Au Lait/Hooter Hiders one. It cost me $35 which I thought was kind of spendy but it is SO worth it when you don't have to deal with the stress of trying to mess with a blanket and risk being exposed, etc. I know a lot of woman on here don't use anything to nurse. to them but I don't have the guts to do that! I put her in her Moby wrap and then put the nursing cover over me and it was easy. It's nice especially having other kids that don't want to be confined to being home all the time. (I homeschool and live 40 minutes away from "civilization")
    This is great! I need to figure out how to nurse in the moby because it's hard to chase a toddler when you have no hands.

I used a cover with my first daughter until I flashed the entire pediatrician's office for several seconds because I had false security that everything was out of sight. She was about 9 months old, I think, and had moved the cover out of the way and was grinning out at people with my entire breast exposed. I don't use the cover anymore because I can do it very discretely and this way I don't get careless.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

WTG!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

nt5, sounds like your DH is great! I love supportive and involved men. I never managed to figure out how to nurse in a Moby but so wish that I had. Sounds like it's quite worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    She was about 9 months old, I think, and had moved the cover out of the way and was grinning out at people with my entire breast exposed.
    This made my morning! What a great mental image. Thanks so much for sharing it!
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack