Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF IS easier than FF!

Default BF IS easier than FF!

I'm so proud of myself and wanted to post on here bc only you ladies would understand...

I went to the store last night with my DH, DS's and DD and put my DD in her Moby wrap as usual. She got hungry and I was able to successfully nurse her without undoing to wrap or making both of us uncomfortable sitting in a not very BF friendly bench in Walmart. It feels SO liberating to be able to nurse on the go like that. I was actually for once hoping she would have nursed for longer rather than wanting her to hurry up when we're in public because I felt like I was doing it with such ease and that it might actually make another mom think about nursing their baby. People did give me weird looks though.. and a group of three guys actually left the aisle when they realized what I was doing I told my DH and he said that can ___ off if they want to say anything.

Yay!
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Default Re: BF IS easier than FF!

Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

Way to go!!!!!
    First-time mommy to Danielle 8/16/07
    Wife to Mike 9/29/01

WTG

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Nice!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

And by proudly BFing in public, you're helping us get closer to a world where three guys in the aisle at Walmart won't think twice about a BFing woman on a bench.
    DS#1: Aidan, born 1/7/11 - 9 lbs. 5 oz. 22 in. (a difficult induced labor), BFed for 2.5 years after a VERY rocky start (indebted to LLL for the support)!
    DS#2: Amiel, born 12/11/13 - 9lbs, 22 in., 8 days "late," spontaneously, naturally & unmedicated after resisting pressure to induce.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aidansmama View Post
    And by proudly BFing in public, you're helping us get closer to a world where three guys in the aisle at Walmart won't think twice about a BFing woman on a bench.
    Exactly! Not to mention more moms realizing its not so hard to BF once you get the hang of it!
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nt5 View Post
    I'm so proud of myself and wanted to post on here bc only you ladies would understand...

I went to the store last night with my DH, DS's and DD and put my DD in her Moby wrap as usual. She got hungry and I was able to successfully nurse her without undoing to wrap or making both of us uncomfortable sitting in a not very BF friendly bench in Walmart. It feels SO liberating to be able to nurse on the go like that. I was actually for once hoping she would have nursed for longer rather than wanting her to hurry up when we're in public because I felt like I was doing it with such ease and that it might actually make another mom think about nursing their baby. People did give me weird looks though.. and a group of three guys actually left the aisle when they realized what I was doing I told my DH and he said that can ___ off if they want to say anything.

Yay!
    :Heck yeah!!!!! I am so proud of you Mama!!!!
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tarantamom View Post
    :Heck yeah!!!!! I am so proud of you Mama!!!!
    AND your DH too!!!
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

Way to go....... I never worked up enough courage to BF in public. I'm one of the girls who make sure my LO is fed before I leave the house because I don't have the nerve to try it in public. to you tho!