Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Motherlove More Milk Special Blend

Default Motherlove More Milk Special Blend

Anyone use this and did/does it work for you?

Default Re: Motherlove More Milk Special Blend

I am sorry you didn't get any replies! Also I hope things are going well

I took the MMSB for awhile- both the tincture and the capsule. I'd say for 2 months? I didn't get a new set because the domperidone is very helpful and it is just soo expensive.

But I think it helped a little. I have very small breasts and one LC did mention insufficient glandular tissue, but all the other LCs said I was fine. I did feel a little fuller and I *think* it may have given a supply boost.

My theory is just buy a small bottle, see if it works? Can't really hurt. There are worse things to spend $20 on. This is coming from a self proclaimed
    cheapskate too.

However the most important thing is removing milk as often as possible. Which I know SUCKS when you are only getting a little bit. But now I'm getting about an oz each time and it feels like it matters, you know? So keep trying, and keep posting!

I've been having a really rough time too, so you are not alone

I am so glad you posted. I haven't been on here since talking to a LC who shot me down big time! Way down! Maybe she's right..maybe I am/was taking time away from my son. I was wanting to get reassurance from her but instead after talking to her and while talking to her I was holding back tears...I feared what was gonna be said even before I talked to her and she said it. Basically if I couldn't pump at work and since my son was already 11 months and because he wouldn't latch I was basically wasting my time(although she didn't say it in those words). So once I got off the phone with her I stared at the breast pump sitting on the couch and then at Cam and felt a pinch of pain....I was losing what I wanted most...to be able to offer him breast milk again and to not lose the ability to provide for him. I feel like because I'm not producing or won't be for long(still have some come to my nipples when I squeeze and just after a hot shower) that I'm losing his babyhood if that's what you even call it. Ugh. I feel so frustrated and horrible.

Before I talked to her I was doing good taking the vitamins/herbs that I had and pumping every hour and I even had been keeping a journal. I was doing good and felt proud of myself. I however was not getting anything out of my breasts which was weird because now that I've stopped I have more milk coming to my nipples. Weird and so comforting though at the same time..because to me as long as I see white there I know that it's still possible. Just can't describe it right now but I am emotional to say the least and with his 1st birthday coming up I'm getting more emotional. If you've read this far, bless you. I hope that your troubles get easier because if I could just get to your point(even though you may be having problems) I would be ever so blessed and grateful. Keep at it and hugs.

Awww thanks.

How much are you getting right now? Maybe you just didn't meet the best LC.

Have you considered trying to find donated milk? There is a group called Human Milk 4 Human Babies on Facebook and I'm sure someone would gladly donate.

More to say but the little one is squirmy.

Thanks again! I get none from pumping..the only milk I am producing is staying right no my nipple. So nothing really. I just feel reassured when I see it. Even though it's not much.

I have thought about donated milk but am so scared because I don't know the person personally. I am sure most are honest but still hard to swallow.

Hey I know it's been awhile, I'm TERRIBLE at getting back to people (kind of a problem, really), and just want to see how it's going.

No matter what you choose to decide, it is awesome that you have the. .breastfeeding attitude. You want to be closer to your son and give him the best. You can do this is SO many ways! Take a bath together, wear him, etc. Just so you know that not being able to breastfeed doesn't make you a bad mom.

If you are still pumping up a storm though, you have my support and best wishes. It's really hard, but if you want to do it I bet you can! It comes down to what YOU think is best for you guys.

If you *do* need any more advice, feel free to reply or send a pm!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It really, really sucks.

I tried the special blend. It gave me a small spike in the beginning, but once I'd been on it three weeks its effectiveness wore off for me. I'd say it's definitely worth investing in if you'd like to see how it works for you. In my case, I can't really say I was surprised because nothing was working for me.

Can you not pump at work? How long are you there?
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

I am taking it at the moment. I def think it helps a bit, although I haven't been on it for more than about 2 weeks.
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply