Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breastfeeding uncomfortable before period

Default Re: Breastfeeding uncomfortable before period

I experience sore nipples during ovulation, but not every month. Hmm... am I not ovulating every month?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rebekah42 View Post
    I experience sore nipples during ovulation, but not every month. Hmm... am I not ovulating every month?
    Quite possible.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Oh, again i see that i share so many problems with you mamas...

When my twin girls were about 18mo i got my period back. Eversince, every second month i go through a little hell. It takes about a week and it's terrible. They latch aggressively. And very often, especialy at night. My nipples are not sore, just very sensitive. I can cope BF one, but when they latch on simultaniously it drives me mad. Sometimes i get resentfull. It's hard to keep control. Often i try to get my nipple out of their mouth when they stop drinking but want to stay latched for what it seems an eternity. Often they dont like it and scream, wake up themselves and and everybody else. Sometimes they get so angry and frustrated that they dont want to be with me anymore and they climb over to my husband and sleep with him (that's the only good thing in this mess! They have never ever fallen asleep with my husband since they could crawl. So this is a kind of a progress.)

At least every other month its a bit better. My doctor says one of my ovaries is much smaller than the other one. It make a huge differnce in many things...

If i cant handle this any better, i ll have to consider weaning. But i dont really want to. I d like to continue BF for one more year. My girls will turn 2 in a couple of weeks.

I cant expect taking vitamins or mineral or drinking some special tea would help, right?

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one that experiences this! Though I'm sorry you all do too!! I get horrible nipple pain around ovulation and then that very irritated sensation around the start of my period though mine has seemed to get better the older DD has gotten or maybe I'm just dealing better
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14