Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 month old very fussy...even at the breast

Default 6 month old very fussy...even at the breast

Hello all!

My baby girl is almost 6 months old and is EBF. Her diaper output is great :-) my question is about her recent fussiness. She's normally a very easy going baby but over the Past two days she has been very fussy. She's always loved nursing and will still nurse just about every hour. In the past if I offered the breast and she didn't want it she would turn away. Now she starts crying. If I put her down to do anything (including diaper changes) she starts crying. And she recently threw what I can only imagine is a tantrum (they can do that at this age?) when I had to take a toy away. Unless I am distracting/playing with her all the time she whines or cries.

Is this a growth spurt? Are these behaviors developmentally normal for a 6 month old? Could this all be related to teething?

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!

Default Re: 6 month old very fussy...even at the breast

I'm going to go with developmentally normal and possibly related to teething. At least that's what I'm telling myself My daughter is only about a week older than yours, and she's doing similar stuff some of the time.

That said, do you have any reason to suspect she might be sick at all?
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

Default Re: 6 month old very fussy...even at the breast

I'm glad to hear that my DD is behaving like every other 6 month old :-) I did wonder today if she might be sick, but no fever or cold symptoms are present. I also wondered if it might be gas...but I wasn't sure because she's never had gas/colicky issues (I know we're so lucky)
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!