Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weird prolonged duct clogging

Default Weird prolonged duct clogging

I have had quite a bit of experience with clogged ducts (unfortunately ) but have a current problem that is stumping me. For the last few weeks, I've had a slight clogging in my left breast. I can sometimes while nursing see and feel the "ribbon" of a duct under my skin and then where it branches near my nipple. This morning it was more pronounced so I thought I'd seek out some advice. It doesn't hurt and only occasionally twinges a little, but the fact that it's been there for about 3 weeks now is what's got me baffled.

I have 7 month old twins who alternate sides at each feeding, so there's someone working on that side every 2-3 hours (longer between feedings at night) but it just doesn't seem to want to actually go away. The kids don't seem to notice that anything is off and still nurse along as always.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts to offer on this oddity?
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

Default Re: Weird prolonged duct clogging

What have you tried to unclog this one? Does it hurt?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: Weird prolonged duct clogging

No, there's not really any pain with it. It's just there. I doubt I would notice anything was wrong if I couldn't actually see the lumpy duct winding down my breast.

I've tried heat and massage, same with other clogs that I've had in the past. Warm showers right before feeding worked well on past clogs. Those have always just cleared up after some intense nursing on the affected side. This one just seems to persist.
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack