Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She is 2!!!

Default She is 2!!!

We have been sucessfully breastfeeding for 2 years today (well, today at 3:04 pm to be exact...lol.)

Miranda was born via induction at 37 weeks after me BEGGING docs to induce early. I had previously lost her big sister at 38 weeks to a cord accident, and I just couldnt take the risk of losing aonther child. I was totally losing my mind towards the end of Miranda's preg. Throughout her preg, I had to give myslef daily stomach injections to treat a slight protein S deficiancy, and towards the end it was 2x a day. I didnt care about ANY of that, I just wanted my baby out ALIVE! So they did an amnio on the 30th and it was determined her lungs were mature, and she was born the 31st. We went in for induction, at 9:30 am I was given Pitocin, I got the epi at 1 pm, and she was born after 2 pushes at 3:04 pm. Her cord was so tight around her neck they had to cut it before her body was delivered. DH and I are so thankful that I was so forceful about getting her out early. Who knows what another 3 or more weeks of growing would have resulted it?? I cant even go there...but after she was out she let out the best sound EVER!!! She cried!!!

Miranda took to nursing, right away, but was very sleepy and my milk wasnt coming in. She went from 6.3 down to 5.9, and docs were panicking...told me at her check ups to go with formula. I said, OK and went and rented a pump. It took 24 hours of pumping to get my milk to come in. She did have one ounce of formula that she spit up everyhwere! After the pumping my milk was in full force and we had no issues with nursing from then on!

I am so blessed to have this nursing relationship with Miranda! Aloing with losing her big sis, I also have her big bro who couldnt nurse due to his complete cleft ip and palate, so I pumped for 11 months for him. Nursing Miranda is something I never got to do with my DS or my DD1, and it is so special to me, and I hope that we continue to nurse for as long as she wants to!

If you have made it this far, thanks for reading. I am just super proud that we have nursed for 2 years. Happy Birthday my special baby Miranda there are no words to describe how she has helped heal mt heart...
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Default Re: She is 2!!!

Dara, how wonderful!! Happy birthday mama and Miranda .

Congratulations mama and way to go!! Happy Birthday Miranda.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

What a wonderful story! I almost lost my LO to a cord problem as well. Good for you for pushing your opinion!!! Congrats on making it to 2!
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Happy Birthday!! Congratulations!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Happy birthday, Miranda, and happy anniversary to you of such a wonderful, and I'm sure bittersweet, day.

Such a beautiful post!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

happy birthday to your sweet daughter!!!! That is awesome that you made it to 2!!! You are an inspiration! I always worry about my daughter and you have posted several comments that make me feel better. WAY TO GO MOMMA!

Happy Birthday Miranda!

Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Way to go mama!! Nursing for 2 years is SOOOO awesome! Hoping to make it to 2 years with my DS too.

And a big Happy Birthday to Miranda!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.