Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does More Milk Plus work?

Default Does More Milk Plus work?

I am exclusively EBM feeding our 5 mo. old, but I have struggled like hell to get my supply up this much. Phuu! I'm SO glad I've made it! It would be nice though, to have a bit of a boost for spares (and in case he has another growth spurt, eep!) so who here takes/has taken this and what were the results like?
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

Default Re: Does More Milk Plus work?

Also, what's the difference between More Milk, More Milk Plus, and More Milk Special Blend-which one works best if anyone knows?

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997

I don't know about the others, but I've taken MMP in tincture form and it works, giving a mild supply boost- able to pump about 1-1.5 oz during my workday when I take it 4x per day.

Eta that is 1 oz more than normal
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ooky View Post
    I don't know about the others, but I've taken MMP in tincture form and it works, giving a mild supply boost- able to pump about 1-1.5 oz during my workday when I take it 4x per day.

Eta that is 1 oz more than normal
    Eta?

ETA = edited to add.

IMO, supplements like MMP can help increase supply. But don't expect them to provide a substitute for hard work with the pump.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    ETA = edited to add.

IMO, supplements like MMP can help increase supply. But don't expect them to provide a substitute for hard work with the pump.
    Ahh thank you! I asked my husband about the ETA acronym and he said "estimated time of arrival" which I didn't quite think sounded right

Thank you as well; I definitely don't think there's any way out of hard work with the pump unless by some miracle a LLL Leader or Lactation consultant moves to my area and helps me latch my baby back on, but it's nice to know there are more things out there to try...my son is just GUZZLING my milk up and when he starts needing a little more, I want to have it ready and rarin' to go