Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I give up! sorry RANT

Default I give up! sorry RANT

I know I've posted about sore nipples before but after 10 months I'm still sore! I have tried EVERYTHING, treatement for thrush, antibiotics, fixing his latch, treatment for Raynauds EVERYTHING!! NOTHING has helped, I'm just done! I really wanted to nurse longer but I can't stand it anymore its to frustrating. I can't stand to have him latch on his own, he never takes enough in his mouth, so we can't nurse discretely in public or anywhere for that matter. Most of the time when he eats I feel like he's got sandpaper in his mouth I just can't stand it anymore.

Nursing has never been a bonding experiece between us either so why continue? Most of the time I end up yelling at him or at hubby because it's so frustrating! He's 10 months for goodness sakes this should be easy by now!! Anyway I've had enough I'm done!

Default Re: I give up! sorry RANT

Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Sorry mama. . Because he's soooo close to the one year mark, would you consider pumping for two months? Latch issues are the worst! I still have scars on my nipples from my older son . It's just tricky because it would be difficult to switch to formula for me at least. Good job sticking with it! Even though bonding for you wasn't as expected he gets so many immunities and protection from your changing milk.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Oh Mama. You have my deepest respect for soldiering on for 10 months. Most moms give up long before you.

I'm with Jenna that pumping could free you from the worst aspects of your breastfeeding challenges while still providing you and your baby with all the health benefits. Does that sound like a possible compromise to you?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I may pump some just to deal with any engorgement but the pump isn't really pleasant either. I have quite a bit in the freezer that will hopefully last us until the magic 1 year. I'm just so tired of struggling every time it's time to eat! My goal was to not have to buy formula, but I forgot to bring mommy milk and my pump with us last week when DH and I went out for the night so I had to buy some anyway gurrr I just don't understand how something that God intended us to do can be so complicated! Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Oh Mama. You have my deepest respect for soldiering on for 10 months. Most moms give up long before you.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Have you been on the Jack Newman site? He really does respond to e-mails.

And sending lots of

Tbh, I probably won't make it that far. You are way amazing for sticking it out.

I have been to the Jack Newman site as well as emailing him. I've also tried alot of his protocols and still nothing has helped