Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXPERT HELP NEED ASAP>>Sorry Long any thing is appreciated

Default Re: EXPERT HELP NEED ASAP>>Sorry Long any thing is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Both of my babies wanted/want to be held all the time. My 2.5 year old is small, was always small and was always sent with more milk than she would drink while apart from me. My 2 month old is a bigger baby than my first was, and I am not sure how much she will end up drinking while apart from me. They both have more than enough to eat - I tend towards oversupply. And both of them have wanted to be held all the time. It is NATURAL for a baby to want to be held. And 15 minutes of alone time playing sounds about right for that age.
    I dont know about my supply. But I get "when Im away from him at work. About 1 oz per hour.

If I pump two hours after i feed him I get 2 oz, IF i pump like i DID last night I get 1-2 oz. Between feedings. I rented a hospital grade pump. and Im likely overdosing on fenugreek.

I just dont want to starve my son if there is a problem Im supposed to call the lactation lady from our wic office tonight when I get home. Since Im at work.

Im sorry Im at work so I dont have all the exact numbers. But looking at the chart from the above link He is off the chart.

That is my greates fear. That i might hurt his growing brain by not feeding him enough if that is the case. So after I talk with the lactation lady, Then I will decide what needs to be done and how to talk with the dr.

I dont want them to call social services on me or anything. Though he did say that I didnt have to give SAmeuel the formula. I in my mind im scared to starve him. Though his daddy is on the smaller side and its "kinda short" his uncle is small. 5.4 His great grandfather was 5.3 tall.???

They do have some short lil people that are somewhat built. Sorry..Im tripping here. But I know that its not as bad as some of the ladies so i feel horrible Im complaining so.

naw your alright were here to listen.

I hope you get some peace from your phone call with the lactation consultant.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Were you able to talk to the lactation consultant?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Were you able to talk to the lactation consultant?
    Yes SHE said that since dr gave me the option "shes a peer counselor btw sorry" that she would put him to the breast more often and make him eat longer. TEN MINUTES and hes probably only getting the foremilk..

BUT I NEED HELP again..lol new thread maybe. I got no milk this morn at six am. though baby was up at 4 to play and didnt sleep till 5 but I usually get an oz about an hour after he goes to sleep or stops nursing, "is it possible since ididnt pump but like once yesterday and none over night that I could have done this myself.??

HE nursed almost 1.5 2 hours. every time he made a noise I checked his diaper tried a burp and tried to nurse.
    but i freaked out at 6 when only the breas tthat produces just a little " he hadnt been munchin on that one all night maily the larger one. would produce a few ml...But today at work being away from him for about 2 2.5 hours and I got 2 oz???

So i Dont know if it was over stress or what. But I will be pumping my buns off this weekend. I started back with the reglan at 6 am also. I didnt take it yesterday.

Im so afraid imma lose my supply, even though i had one before the reglan..UGH SORRY IM STILL TRIPPIN..DO yall know what signs baby will give it they are not getting enough.

I mean besides the dr. will baby let you konw they arent satisfied?? i put him tothe breast now for atleast 20 mins, somtimes he seems frustereated and is happy if dh takes him into another room or i stand up. He punches my boob or scrathes?? But then if i do a compression he seems happy and eats. sometimes he just doesnt want to be there and is happy away.?? WHAT ARE SIGNS though that he isnt really getting anything and needs more???

counting diapars!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post
    counting diapars!
    See he has about 7 diapers in 24 hours. Two of which were super soaked beyond belief. and the rest some were more wet than others but HE had one diaper that was so full he peed through it, This was early morning diaper.

But are there other signs from baby. Will he cry and let you know. Will he actually go 2 hours between feedings or even 1.5???

He ate ate this morn about 630ish this morn and he ate again at 835 for his daddy. I tried topping off but he ugh didnt want a top off for to long at 7 went for a car ride so dad could have a rest "he sleeps after a carride in the morn. so dad could clean and my neice needed her bookbag. ??

Besides diaperS?? LOL im at a loss. I read some place that the lady had to have her daughter constantly on her to eat and she didnt do anything else and that the baby slept all night..?? he wakes eats pulls off and goes plays?? im scared.

I dont want to scare myself and I dont want to hurt him???

you have to trust him too.. that he knows what he needs.
    as long as he's healthing and growning.

from that link

Most nursing mothers are familiar with how to tell if a newborn is getting enough milk, but what about when baby gets older? Can you use the same criteria? At some point, many moms will wonder about their milk supply and whether it is "keeping up" with baby's growth.

Following are signs that your older baby is getting enough milk. (If baby is younger than 6 weeks, then see how to tell if your newborn is getting enough milk.) If baby is getting enough milk, then you can rest assured that your milk supply is just fine.

•Baby has adequate weight gain. If your baby is gaining weight well on breastmilk alone, then baby is getting enough milk and you do not have a problem with milk supply.

•Baby (older than 6 weeks) should wet at least 4-5 disposable diapers (5-6 cloth diapers) every 24 hours and the diapers should be really wet. At all ages, urine should be pale and mild smelling. As baby grows, so also does his bladder and its ability to hold more urine. For this reason, your baby may not wet as often as he did as a newborn, but typically the diapers will be wetter than when baby was younger. To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 4-6 tablespoons (60-90 mL) of water into a clean diaper (but keep in mind that if baby wets more often, then the amount of urine per diaper will be less). It's also normal for diapers to be wetter in the morning, especially with older babies.

Note: If baby is getting significant liquids in addition to breastmilk (formula, water or juice), then this diaper count will let you know that baby is well-hydrated, but will not be a reliable gauge of whether baby is getting enough breastmilk. Breastmilk should be baby's main source of nutrition throughout the first year.
    •Baby is stooling within normal parameters (for your baby). Older breastfed babies (after the first 6-8 weeks) can go several days without a stool. Ten days or more is not uncommon! The long periods between stools in a baby who is obviously thriving is not a cause for concern if the baby's abdomen remains soft, and the baby is content and alert. As long as the stool is no thicker than toothpaste when passed and profuse if several days have gone by, it's still within the norm. Keep in mind that ANY formula or other supplemental foods given to the baby can alter the color, consistency, and frequency of the stool. More at this link on normal stools for breastfed babies.
    •Your breast feels softer after the feeding.
    •Baby seems reasonably content immediately after the feeding.
    •Baby is alert, active and meeting his/her milestones.
    Many times, the normal changes that occur as breastfeeding continues past the first few weeks or months can make mom feel like her milk supply is decreasing, even though it isn't. See Is your milk supply really low? for more information.

wow i think we have the same dr!! my lo has had weight issues from day 4 (hes 7wks now) and even though i have almost 7YEARS of BF experience the stupid dr got to me Im POSITIVE they were a MAJOR cause of my low supply problem ( which inturn caused my lo's weight loss/slow weight gain. He is still gettin supps but not for much longer. I TOTALY agree with all the others here. My suggestion is to read up on the problems formula can cause and email DR NEWMAN im sure somehere can help you with that link (im not so good with that stuff) Im no expert but from what I do know wet diapers, growing in lenghth, and the motor skills should be a BIG factor NOT just weight. Hang in there
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST