Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tugging at breast?

Question Tugging at breast?

I’ve noticed that mid way though a feeding my son he starts tugging and pulling away.. he unlatches and relatches him self on (which is killer B.c I can’t seem to catch him before he does it again) any specific reason for this? Also happens when I switch him to the other breast. In the same feeding. Am I not producing enough milk?

Default Re: Tugging at breast?

I hope someone has advice as my little one is doing this too. Good luck with yours!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

How old is your baby? or are your babies? Mine started this about two months. Babies know how to work that breast to get the flow just how they like it. My DD, 6 months old, doesn't pull anymore. Now she will grab hold and do compresions. For awhile she was just pressing really firm with her forearm. Also when she was about 3 months or so, she starting popping off and on out of being distracted. All of these are very normal and do not mean that you are not producing enough milk.

If you think your baby might be getting distracted, here is a picture of a nursing necklace in use. It might help.

My DS is 3 weeks old. what should i do when he starts to do this? I would like for him to stop but if there is a way i can help him get more milk, without him trying to rip-off my whole breast , it would be great. any suggestions? thanks!