Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wish me luck....

Default wish me luck....

I am going to start trying to night wean LO who is almost 18 months. Last night was awful with her nursing literally allllll night and tossing and turing at the same time. I am ready to get a good nights sleep and have her in her own bed. I checked out one of the links and am going to try some things starting tonight. Instead of doing it in our room and bed(since hubby has to work the next 3 days and be up at 4am and not home until 7pm) I will be camping out in LO's room with the doors closed so we disrupt the older kids and hubby as little as possible. For the last week I have been telling her mommy is going to count to 10 and then you have to let go and she has did really well with that so we will see how this goes, probably NOT at well. Any suggestions, advice, or things to watchout for and keep myself from doind will be ERY appreciated!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: wish me luck....

we've been trying to night wean too.. and it's not going all that well
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Well tonights the night I start this and I am already exhausted from the day and it's only 620pm. Going to be a long night. Praying I have the strenght to go through with this. I wish she would do it on her own but I'm afraid I will have a 3yr old that still keeps me up at night in the long run eventhough she is only 18 months now.......I'm kinda sad about it and I haven't even done it, yet I would really love to have more sleep but there is no guarantee that this will work either........I know I'm rambling but if I ramble to dh he starts giving me advice and that doesn't go well since he's never been in my position .........ug........still on the fence about this I guess I will see how I feel when she wakes me up between 11pm and 5am sigh......thanks for reading if ya made it this far!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

I have tried to nurse on demand but working nights and having a hecitc schedule there were times I thought I just couldn't do it and would refuse to nurse my LO(he was over 2) he would get so upset and heart broken and continue to cry and ask for it. I finally figured out that if I just nursed for a little bit he and I could both get some needed sleep and I don't refuse any more rather I try to do a time limit but if he really acts like I need more I gvie it to him. Some nights he'll sleep all night and others he might wake 2-3 times usually it depends on the day we have had. He is now 28 months and some days only nurses twice and other days nurses up to 8 times. But he is thriving and we are both very happy. I can start to see a trend that he is needing it less but he still not ready to give it up and I don't think I am either.

Sleeping in another room sometimes does help especailly if your LO is having a rough nite. I have done that so as not to disturb my husband. My son has a twin bed in his room but usually sleeps with us. Which is ok by me because he is such a snuggler. I kicked the twins out of my bed at 2 because they were all over the place and they did fine because they had each other and had already weaned.

Sorry such a long post.

How did it go? Hoping it worked out for the best for everyone.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Never even got started.....hubby got sick and just didn't time out well so I have decided to wait until her teeth are all in and we are both ready and not just me. Thank you!!!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel