Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: getting domperidone online without a prescription

Default getting domperidone online without a prescription

I'm thinking of getting it from a website, which I found in an email from Dr. Jack Newman. Is doing this illegal? I currently don't have a doc to write me a prescription to get it another way.
    Last edited by @llli*LLLKaren; March 29th, 2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: removed link

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Default Re: getting domperidone online without a prescription

I removed your link. Talking about the pros and cons is probably okay, but I don't want the forums to be a source for finding places to get domperidone without a prescription.

LLLI, of course, doesn't recommend taking it without medical supervision.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

I apologize. I wasn't thinking much.

But I do need help. I feel like I've been robbed of my good milk supply overnight. My supply has been decreasing monthly at a certain point in my cycle, but usually I was able to get it back up with more frequent nursing. This time, though, it's been 2 weeks and nothing's moving, with Mother's Milk Tea and fenugreek and hourly nursing. And it's not just decreasing a bit - it's been reduced to drops! No, I'm not pregnant. I just had my period.

Please help me!!! I wanted to buy domperidone from that website you removed, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something illegal. I'm desperate to get my supply back. It wasn't a gradual decrease so I wasn't prepared and was kind of shocked.

Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Have you tried power pumping?

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Oh I will, I sure will, when my pump arrives tomorrow. I've been going without a pump for months. I know without a lot of stimulation no galatagogue would work, so I've been nursing DD nonstop. But I did figure I needed a pump.

Are there any local clinics where you can see a Dr., or contact local LLL for a recommendation for Dr.? What about the hopsital clinic?

Please keep us posted. I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time producing recently. Have there been any recent changes in your diet? Reduced water intake? Using certain herbs, meds that reduce supply?

Hang in there.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

The only thing that seems likely to be the culprit is my hormones. They've been doing all sorts of weird things to me lately.

But my pump arrived - one day early! I'll be power pumping for sure. I've been taking malunggay (moringa) powder too. The stuff is the worst-tasting thing I've ever put in my mouth. But if it works it'd be the best .

Any update? Thinking of you.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Thank you for asking. After over 2 weeks my supply *seems* to be making some progress. At least now she can have a few gulps most of the times I let down. (Before the big dip she was always gulping and gulping during the letdowns - I think I'm addicted to the sound and sensation and the feeling that I'm providing all that milk for her. Up until the other day she was NEVER able to gulp, just sucking drops, which made me feel terrible ). I don't know what has worked because I've been doing several things: Mother's Milk Tea, fenugreek, malunggay leaf powder, power pumping, and of course very frequent nursing.

My hormones have been doing weird things to me this second year of nursing. First I had like twenty (literally!) plugged ducts within a few months with no apparent causes and now this huge dip in supply. I wonder what'll come next