Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Freemies anyone?

Default Freemies anyone?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been finding the other posts very helpful. I have a 4 week old daughter and have been worrying about the logistics of pumping when I go back to work. I bought the freemies system so that maybe I could pump in my shared office without my boobs hanging out. (There is an attached bathroom where I can insert the freemies and I don't care if my co-workers know I am pumping.) Has anyone used this system? I've tried it once and it worked great but I found the clean-up more involved than my regular horns and bottles.

Default Re: Freemies anyone?

I have never heard of it.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I've seen it. It won't work with a Freestyle, so I didn't try it or invest in it (or I would...it would probably make pumping a lot easier for me since my family is on the move all the time!).

Would you have to wash it every time, or could you treat it like most of us who are pumping do our horns...just leave them or wipe them down with Medela wipes or pop them in the fridge.

However, I wonder why you just can't leave it in place all day long That seems like it would be the easiest solution. And then you could probably get more sessions in and collect more milk.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Wiping down between pumpings or putting in the fridge are both good ideas! You cant just leave them in all of the time because they only hold up to 4 oz each though. I guess I'll have to see how they go when I'm back at work in 4 weeks.