Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any one taking More Milk Plus?? PLease Read and Comment all

Talking Any one taking More Milk Plus?? PLease Read and Comment all

Right now I am and have been worried since we took my son to the drs. We go back tomorrow. I want to beable to pump what he needs while I am away and have some incase of an emergency or for what ever other reasons.

I had started taking fenugreek "but only for a few days and wasnt getting that maple syrup smell" This was before we went to the drs, Because I just wanted to beable to pump more "my son seems very happy when I feed him generally all things aside from their distractions and what not

Well The lactation lady at the dr office had stopped in because she heard us talking and got the adult dr to presribe me reglan."suggested i stop the other stuff to see if the reglan worked" Now Im not sure if the reglan had started workin or not because Its about the same amount that I had been getting, as well as me pumping and nursing son on demand.

So I come here for the support and I see this mor milk plus. WEll 41.00 Is alot of money since I am already renting a hospital pump for that much. "we are on a fixed income because I work part time and dh is disabled We also moved in to take care of my uncle So things are a little hectic in our lives these days "But I want this to work for my son, and myself.

So I wanted to hear from those of you who have used this and how long and how well it worked, How long does it take. What all you did for it to work I WANT IT ALL LADIES> THANKS and so sorry I cant just post somthing short.

Default Re: Any one taking More Milk Plus?? PLease Read and Comment all

Hey mama,

I have also suffered GREAT expense in getting my milk supply up... the medications, herbs, hosp. grade pump, meeting with LCs, etc. etc. etc. have added up to literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars.... BUT, as I read somewhere, this expense is minor compared to the fact that it costs an average of $1600 per year to formula feed an infant, plus all the added costs when they get sick more frequently (doctor's visits, time off work, etc.)... so I justified the expense that way. And guess what? It's all paid off because I've now been EBF my son for almost a week! We're still taking all the meds and using the hosp. grade pump, so the expense continues, but I still think that it makes economical sense, besides all the other obvious emotional and health benefits to a BFing relationship.

PS - I also had tried a prescription of Reglan and personally didn't notice any results. However, I DID notice results with Domperidone (combined with More Milk Plus, Goat's Rue, fenugreek, blessed thistle, red clover leaf, and Mother's Milk tea). So be aware that there are other options out there for you if Reglan doesn't seem to work... Plus, as you might already have heard, Reglan has some potential side effects, like depression, that might make Domperidone a better option anyway.

Good luck!
    DS#1: Aidan, born 1/7/11 - 9 lbs. 5 oz. 22 in. (a difficult induced labor), BFed for 2.5 years after a VERY rocky start (indebted to LLL for the support)!
    DS#2: Amiel, born 12/11/13 - 9lbs, 22 in., 8 days "late," spontaneously, naturally & unmedicated after resisting pressure to induce.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aidansmama View Post
    Hey mama,

I have also suffered GREAT expense in getting my milk supply up... the medications, herbs, hosp. grade pump, meeting with LCs, etc. etc. etc. have added up to literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars.... BUT, as I read somewhere, this expense is minor compared to the fact that it costs an average of $1600 per year to formula feed an infant, plus all the added costs when they get sick more frequently (doctor's visits, time off work, etc.)... so I justified the expense that way. And guess what? It's all paid off because I've now been EBF my son for almost a week! We're still taking all the meds and using the hosp. grade pump, so the expense continues, but I still think that it makes economical sense, besides all the other obvious emotional and health benefits to a BFing relationship.

PS - I also had tried a prescription of Reglan and personally didn't notice any results. However, I DID notice results with Domperidone (combined with More Milk Plus, Goat's Rue, fenugreek, blessed thistle, red clover leaf, and Mother's Milk tea). So be aware that there are other options out there for you if Reglan doesn't seem to work... Plus, as you might already have heard, Reglan has some potential side effects, like depression, that might make Domperidone a better option anyway.

Good luck!
    Thank you. Ds seemed to be doing fine but he is off of his curve. Which is unsettleing as no one around really supports breastfeeding so its like ah just give him the formula and take the worry away. hECK NO THAT MAKES IT WORSE

CONGRADULATIONS> that must be an awesome thing for you guys. I am truely happy for you. Ok so your taking all of that at one time??

I was hoping since the mmp has fenugreek blesedthistle and all that other stuf that I might beable to knock some of that stuff out and just take the mmpc.

Seeing as I really want to jsut mainly increase output for pumping. THough I am hoping that all else is fine, See they noticed a difference in this curve when I went back to work 3 days. SO they were thinking while im gone into work more in his bottles. Hopefully all ele is fine, He still eats every two hours but hey, I could to

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*samuelsmom View Post
    CONGRADULATIONS> that must be an awesome thing for you guys. I am truely happy for you. Ok so your taking all of that at one time??
    Yes, I am taking all those... The reason I'm taking all of them is because I've read over and over again that in order for fenugreek to be effective, you need to take enough to "smell like maple syrup." The MMP alone didn't do that for me. I am taking the blessed thistle in addition because I read that fenugreek & blessed thistle work best in combination. And I am taking the red clover leaf and goat's rue because both are reputed to possibly increase glandular tissue, which I believe is one of the reasons I've struggled with my supply.

The LLL book recommends another book called The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk, which I read cover to cover and found very interesting. It lists dozens of lactogenic herbs...you just have to choose the right combination for your situation. So the particular combination I am taking is what I believe will help me out. However, since I am taking so many at the same time, I have no idea which ones are actually making the difference, though I suspect the prescription Domperidone has had the most dramatic effect. (As well as feeding DS using the SNS for a long time, though we haven't had to use the SNS now for a week! Woohoo.)
    DS#1: Aidan, born 1/7/11 - 9 lbs. 5 oz. 22 in. (a difficult induced labor), BFed for 2.5 years after a VERY rocky start (indebted to LLL for the support)!
    DS#2: Amiel, born 12/11/13 - 9lbs, 22 in., 8 days "late," spontaneously, naturally & unmedicated after resisting pressure to induce.
    :