Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Back to the Drs. Tomorrow Long

Unhappy Back to the Drs. Tomorrow Long

So I dont know if the reglan has really helped out or not? I dont know if Sam has really made a big difference in his size "other than a month passing" if you know what I mean.
    ( I was pumping about the same? but dont really know?? (also since I had been on the reglan for awhile I started taking the fenugreek and blessed thistle to help with pump out put. " " because the dr just wanted bottles when i was away from him at work to have more in them ?? they were 3 4oz bottles??

I just dont want the dr to tell me that I have to supplement. OR that he needs more. 3 5oz bottles is hard for me to do, I am lucky because I have every other day off pluz the weekends right now. And that may change come may. But right now this allows me to get the 15 oz, i get about 6-8 when at work then I pump whenever I can that night and the next day to get the rest pluz a few more oz to help with the next day. Im just trying to stay ahead of the game, Also never had a freezer stash I was badly informed and really trying to make this work

Today I broke his bottles up into 2.5 oz each. This way he still gets 5oz but I changed the nipples also so it would be harder, This way it would take him longer to eat the bottles. BUT my dh said he cried when he finished the first 2.5 and was upset till he got the next one. Which was only long enough for dh to transfer the bags outta the bottle

I really Hope that all is well. So I was wondering for all those other moms who do pump. What helps.

I didnt do this last night and some nights I do skip, But for the most part I awake like every hour. If i go to bed at nine and feed baby then at 10 imma awake trying to pump because at 11 he wakes up. I do this several nights a week actually and I try and pump after his feedings sometimes with what I have going on at home its not easy to take and run off after I have just nursed him. But I really try and I pump or try and pump a few times a day if he has taken a break and is sleeping. Usually though he goes every two hours so I try and pump an hour after he has eaten.

Its not easy at night to do this because alot of the time Iget tired and this morn i was very tired and tried and didnt get much. not even half and oz but i think that is because We fell asleep nursing so he stayed attached

IF I am at work. And he has eaten at 6/630 I try and pump for the first time at 9-930..I get about 2 oz..But in the two following pump sessions, at 1230 and 330 I get about 3 0z?? I so wish that Icould train my body to do more.

Do yall have any suggestions or is this the best that it is ever gunna get?

My son per the dr is drinking 5 oz bottles and right now he is doing 3 of those, Im gone from home about 9 0r so hours. I nurse him between 6-7 in yhe morn and then he gets the three bottles while im gone I get home at 5 530 the latest.

Default Re: Back to the Drs. Tomorrow Long

He's getting 15 ounces during the day, in 9 hours?

So you're getting 8 ounces total in the three times you pump at work? What time do you get to work? And are you pumping for 5 minutes AFTER the milk has stopped coming out?

I would get a new pediatrician. I think you're really stressed out about what this one is going to say. Good luck with the weigh in today.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    He's getting 15 ounces during the day, in 9 hours?

So you're getting 8 ounces total in the three times you pump at work? What time do you get to work? And are you pumping for 5 minutes AFTER the milk has stopped coming out?

I would get a new pediatrician. I think you're really stressed out about what this one is going to say. Good luck with the weigh in today.
    Thank you very much. Where I live Hes one of the only baby doctors ( and one of the better ones) and If we did change, they are all close. I mean they all talk and what not. But Im going to make sure that he has everything set for a breastfed baby. we live on a very small area. Pluz Id be nervouse about what anyone had to say because of those stupid charts. lol tantrem over

And yes i get to work at 8 and at 9-930 I pump and get about 2 oz, then every three hours I pump. Generally I get close to 3 oz in those two sessions. I have broken my lunch break up and I do 15 min pumps. I work for a small comany very small there are 5 employees including me. And the owners.

Funny thing " i have pumped 3 oz in the morning session and then only get 2 oz after that then the third session I get 3 again?? Or I do 2 2 3. Thank god its never less than 2 a session.

Generally they milk has stopped coming out when I have stopped pumping. Then I try and hand express a few more drops. which actually come out as squirts. " generally steal about 5 mins a session so its about 20 mins some days if I can manage it, then after Im done with the pump I hand express for about a minute or so more or untill it really doesnt wanna come out.
    Last edited by @llli*samuelsmom; March 28th, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Forgot a few snippets

Is there any way you could pump for 30 minutes one of those times?
    Tracie

Mommy to

Well Today I am doing this. god has smiled down extra today. I dont have to go get the lunch and So as soon as the boy gets lunch back here Im taking my entire lunch period in the office. I have alotted myself 15 mins in the morn 1/2 hour for lunch and pump "15 min pump" and then 15 min pump. So that is my regular routine. But today.

I am going to get the lunch grab some work hook up the pump and for most of the entire 30 mins imma try and pump. Now hopefully they dont get busy and wont need me or that will cut me short.BUT Imma work on it and see what happens. THANK YOU MUCH

WEll I didnt quite pump for the entire 30 mins but I stayed hooked up for about 20-25 mins of that time. I got 4OZ wooohoo. But I dont know if that is because Of the extra time of (5-10) mins or Because the guy getting lunch was late and I want to try and take all my time at one shot so I waited for him to bring lunch back and then hybernate here in the office. WELL That was an extra half hour. So it was 3.5 hours in between pumps.

I was still able to hand express some even after this time. I wonder why this is?? Im better than that pump sorry Im about wipped out. I leave work at 5 and I have to ask and "borrow" the office at 4 so at 415 ill be able to resume some more work.

My boss has never said anything but its a concern of mine sometimes. "BUT I GOT 6 OZ right now wooohooo. So IF i can get my normal 3 at that time im good. HEll id go for my 2 Id be just tickled.

Tracie

Mommy to

WEll..I only got 2 oz at this pumping. I pumped for like 17 mins or so..Couldnt steal the extra as I have to let someone else have the office but I did pump a lil longer, no milk really coming out maybe a drop maybe and I hand expressed after this also and got the squirting streaks. LOL...SO we are still at 8 oz in the 3 sessions. Wonder when this fenugreek will kick in??? HMMMMM

But it sounds like you got quite a bit more than usual out that first time. Is there any way for you to hand express other times of the day? Maybe you could get a bit more then.

Let us know how it goes at the doctor tomorrow.
    Tracie

Mommy to