Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help STAT please!! Don't want to waste meat, last day!

Exclamation Need help STAT please!! Don't want to waste meat, last day!

Hello!! Help! I have 1/2 pound of ground chicken and 1 pound if ground turkey.. Or maybe it's the other way around, but either way, Ive mentioned recently I'm completely new to cooking, been working on baking.. I have some baby/child recipe books but to me it's so complicated/involved! Time isnt something I have much of.. Well especially to learn so its going to take a while, but I was hoping someone could tell me a simple recipe that I could make for both my 2 yr and my 11 month?? Thanks ladies... I have seasonings, but the garlic crushing, onion peeling, ugh.. Dishes that keep piling up and hungry kids because mamas a dope! Help my girls? Lol... Ty
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Default Re: Need help STAT please!! Don't want to waste meat, last day!

You could just cook the ground meat in a skillet on the stove, crumbling it as it cooks. the baby could have plain crumbles with whatever else you want to serve, and the 2 year old can have spaghetti with ground meat.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I was thinking making a big batch of meatballs and then freezing the left overs would work. Do you have eggs and breadcrumbs?

turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    I was thinking making a big batch of meatballs and then freezing the left overs would work. Do you have eggs and breadcrumbs?

My kids love meatballs. I just use dried herbs, breadcrumbs, egg, and some pre-grated Parm cheese. Fry in a about an inch of olive oil until brown on all sides. You just want them to hold their shape and not fall apart.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amy.marie View Post

My kids love meatballs. I just use dried herbs, breadcrumbs, egg, and some pre-grated Parm cheese. Fry in a about an inch of olive oil until brown on all sides. You just want them to hold their shape and not fall apart.
    You must make some yummy fried meatballs, mama! I just do mine in a pan with Pam.

OP you should consider the red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It's a standard with lots of basic stuff.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Smile Re: Need help STAT please!! Don't want to waste meat, last day!

Thanks so much for the great ideas!! It's really kind of embarrassing/frustrating, I can make something simple into something so complicated! Rar! It was sort of neat though the other day, because on a quick whim I had to come up with a fast snack for my unsettling little baby beauty teeth-a-ton right now, and I sort of used what new healthy choices I have stored in the pantry and frig' these days and came up with a neat little snack! I was excited lol, she actually tried it! Like apple slices... D'oh! And she had fun because her and I were able to sit alone together as miss bell was napping, so we totally interacted, and that makes me feel sort of guilty now though, ya know? Because with bell she got 100% mommy, but she still needs ALOT of mommy... As I haven't given mommy play groups a try, the girl needs socialization! Ugh bad mama.... Anyway, keep'em coming please if you found a yummy HEALTHY and sneaky at the same time, chicken meal... I get overwhelmed from all I try to read, BUT mama I will definately check out the book you mentioned, simple sounds WONDERFUL right now! Lol chaotic times... Anyway too, it is normal for baby to not want to eat as much when she's teething haaaaard core, right? She's just already a peanut at 11 months! She hasn't seen a doc in about 4... Grumble, but just got state insurance, yay!! Now all I have to do is find a non-pompous doctor with an open mind (wish me luck...) and we'll know where she's at, at least. Xoxo love ya lade's, and pasta with ground turkey sounds excellent btw!! Ty!
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10