Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just a curiousity question

Default Re: Just a curiousity question

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...t-london-store
    I thought this was funny. I've never heard of anything like this before.

Whoah I didn't mean to start anything. I just want to do it to try it. And I plan on telling dh afterwards. Thats how my mom got me to eat squid, she didn't tell me what it was untill after I said I like it.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*intine View Post
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...t-london-store
    I thought this was funny. I've never heard of anything like this before.
    hahaha thats great!
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

I would breastfeed another baby, no problem. I would pass Joe off to another mother, no problem.

I think maybe, after almost two years of breastfeeding, it just doesn't seem like a big deal anymore.

I don't love pumping and everyone in my family (including Joe) gets along fine with cow's milk, so I don't think I'd pump to keep my supply up indefinitely, but I really hope that our daughters will be raised in a culture that is just a little less icked out by breastmilk than our culture is, you know? Where mothers can help each other out by nursing each other's babies now and then.

After seeing all of my real life friends weaning between a year and 18 months, including my sister, who is weaning her baby at a year, I must say ... I don't know if my dream will come true. But at least they breastfed, I guess.

I feel discouraged today. I'm the last of my real life friends to be breastfeeding, and Joe isn't even two yet! My friends with much younger babies are weaning left and right.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    Adults or kids too? I sneak veggies into DSs food on the regular. Also where to draw the line? Are you supposed to announce all ingredients for everything you cook? I gave DH tofu ice cream without telling him it was tofu....is that sneaky too?
    No offense meant to anyone. Really. I think it is unimportant whether we're talking about adults or kids. What is important is whether or not they have taken a firm stance against something. With a little kid who dislikes some characteristic of a food, say the texture or color or something, whatever, sneak it in. They are objecting to a sensation, and you can override that sensation by pureeing or covering with sauce or whatever. You know? But someone who is opposed to eating soy, or animals, or anything non fair trade, or Nestle, or bodily fluids, or something else that they've taken an emotional and ethical stance against, I think it is disregarding their preferences. Their autonomy, really.

I read codepink's statement as meaning that her DH was opposed to drinking breastmilk, but she intended to feed it to him anyway, and that was what I responded to. If I was mistaken in that interpretation, please disregard what I said.

And, codepink? I really meant no offense. I was sharing my opinion, that's all.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I don't think it's offensive on either of your posts I was following up Teal because I was genuinely interested.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language