Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding while high fever

Unhappy Breastfeeding while high fever

Should I still breastfeed while I am having high fever myself? I thought it was ok but my baby (16 mth old) seem to follow suit with fever after nursing her. That had happened for the past 2 night -after her pm nursing. I have been expressing milk - is the EBM (while high fever) can still be good for my child? My GP advised me to stop BF until my fever subside.

My baby don't take the bottle (be it expressed milk or formula) too well. The most she would take is 2-3 oz. Pls help.

Default Re: Breastfeeding while high fever

The very best thing you can do for your baby is to nurse her, even if you are sick. If it's a virus you'll pass your immunities to the virus on to her through your breastmilk and in most cases, if baby gets sick it'll be to a lesser degree than you were/are.

I hope you all are feeling better very soon!

(( HUGS )) Just wanted to say that I hope that you feel better!

Keep nursing without any limitation, even while you are sick.

Your baby has already been exposed to your germs -- the best way to support her immune system to deal with those germs is to nurse.

Her fever going up in the evenings is not because you nursed her just before that. Fevers tend to be higher later in the day or at night.

Your GP is just plain wrong on this one. (grrr.) Nurse, rest, and get well soon, okay?

--Rebecca

Your GP is scarily wrong. You baby was already exposed to your infection before your symptoms appeared. She needs your immune system to help her through. breastmilk is an excellent way for an ill baby to remain hydrated and comforted.