Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relacting after 10 1/2 months

Default Re: Relacting after 10 1/2 months

Although I feel like another LC might be able to help if you choose to.

I think it's so important to share those feelings. While breastfeeding is important, I want to sympathize because there aren't many places to discuss these feelings. FFing friends will pat you on the back for trying, BFing friends will say you can try again with the next baby, but I know there are deeper feelings than that.

Hoping you can find support no matter what.

(I'm not really good at this, but I really feel for your situation.)
    More s

Thanks. I too agree about not getting much help from those that FF...unless some of them too started out BF. I had a WONDERFUL LC at the hospital but she stays so busy that I am almost afraid to actually call and ask for her. I was given two numbers for LC way out of my county...like over 3 hours away. I don't want/think I need to see someone other than getting some information on the phone and maybe see what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to add to what I'm doing.

The thing that really got me depressed(more) and made me feel like it was no use, was when I read a post on some other site(I have read so much in the past week that I will never be able to remember every place I've been) that said basically SOME will be able to relactate but your full supply will never come back..I know that..but even if I had two bottles a day...I also read where a lady had been pumping for months and was still only getting a few mls a day. That is crazy. I feel deep down that what's gonna hold me back is the hormones..oxytocin is what releases the milk right? Well if so I don't see how I can increase that because I don't get that feeling that I got when I was nursing. Crazy to think that but I do. I watched a video too and it said somewhat the same thing. You have to think you can do it too and it plays a big part with the hormones in your body.

I remember(still) the feeling I got when I would hear him cry. Almost unreal how your body is actually responding to your baby's cry. So so miss that.

I am not good with stuff like this either and hard for me to express(type) what I'm really meaning to say. You're doing just fine.

Mama, don't be too hard on yourself. Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn't make it easy. And pumping- forget about it, hooking yourself up to a machine isn't even natural!

It's not at all strange to want to have another baby. We all make mistakes with our kids, and wish that we could somehow fix them. Having another baby means getting another chance at success. I hope that you do get the chance to make things work, when you're ready! And we'll be here to help you when you do.

Just 2 things I want to address:
    I just turned 30 and escaped gestational diabetes by a hair(failed my first test; starved myself to pass the other..barely). I know I ate wrong..I just know it.
    Eating poorly doesn't cause gestational diabetes. There are women who eat nothing but ice cream and cookies and have totally even blood sugar, and there are others who can't even look at a piece of whole-grain bread without having their blood sugar go haywire.

Failing the first test means NOTHING. The first test is a screening test. It's designed to catch not only all the women who do have a problem controlling their blood sugar, but also every single woman who might have a problem. About 75% of women who "fail" the first test go on to "pass" the second. The second test, the 3 hour test- that's the diagnostic test. And again, it's not perfectly accurate either! Many women who "fail" the 3 hour test will have normal blood sugar (normoglycemia) throughout pregnancy even if they do nothing, and many others will maintain normoglycemia provided that they eat a reasonable diet (i.e. not 100 mg of pure sugar on an empty stomach) and get some exercise.

I feel deep down that what's gonna hold me back is the hormones..oxytocin is what releases the milk right? Well if so I don't see how I can increase that because I don't get that feeling that I got when I was nursing.
    Actually, you can release oxytocin without really feeling those lovey, mushy feelings. And if oxytocin production is a problem for you, I have read that you can get an oxytocin nasal spray that can assist the relactation process.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you thank you!! I don't know where to begin but I almost blamed myself for eating /drinking so much sweet stuff during pregnancy...The day I had my glucose test done was a spur of the moment thing. I had no idea I was gonna have it done and downed a fudge round and a mountain dew on the way to the ob appt.( I stopped eating and drinking each of those right after that).

Also, that about the nose spray is neat. I had no idea. I bet it's crazy expensive though.

I did however call the LC at the hospital that was so nice and sweet and helpful to me but she's in with a NICU baby and has yet to call me.