Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Introducing finger foods to 11 month baby girl...

Exclamation Introducing finger foods to 11 month baby girl...

Hello mamas! I posted in the family feeding also, but am hoping to get some replies here! =D
    First, my little one is truly little, unfortunately we haven't seen a doctor for her in almost 3 months ( doctor we HAD is a judgmental jerk who I could tell and he even mebtioned when Annabella my 2 yr old was first born about toddlers nursing and how it just "doesn't look right, he decided to stop seeing us right b4 my hub lost his job so we're going to apply for state ins. Today) so I don't know how much she weighs for sure maybe 18 pounds? The reason I'm explainG this is because she was slow to start eating solids... Like example I have several of the books written by Annabel Karmel, and for her age group there's always "intense" meals, maybe it just seems that way for me... But we've really only tried chicken once purred in with some veggies and she didn't really dig it (learning to cook here, brand new "chef" lol) I want my girls to eat healthy and my toddler is a whole 'nother story, don't have the time now, but as briefly as possible... One, she DEFINATELY wants to feed herself, shell let me feed her some purees I make or yogurt, but she's teething real good right now so that's a distraction... I was hoping for some techniques for fruit and veggie prep like diced sweet potato? I read somewhere about several different techniques to baking them, but don't remember where! I want them to be tasty because she's grown quite picky lately. Sigh. Also I can't seem to make her a good teething biscuit! I've tried 3 different recipes... Also I've tried this kind by "whole foods or whole brand organic" they're wheat biscuits, and I tried one, aside from nearly breaking my teeth, they were quite tasty!! But I would like to make her something that holds together well, and at the sane time is not TOO hard, so when she gums it, it will soften in her mouth. Gah! Please help, need ideas and hardly get any time too look things up...
    if anyone has some useful tips for tasty finger foods/ storage too and for a yuuumy teething biscuit/cookie, I'll be ever grateful!! Thanks ladies...

P.S- alot of the dinner recipes seem to include quite a variety of seasoning, like garlic, onions, ect, I'm not against nutmeg or cinnamon for other things but I would live to incorporate more chicken into her diet, something easy! I know garlic is good for many reasons, but she's at like a 8 month stage with her eating... Xoxo
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Default Re: Introducing finger foods to 11 month baby girl...

I would just go simple. Steamed veggies are good, especially foods with built in handles like broccolli, cauliflour, or carrots. Oven fries with either sweet or white potato. French fry shaped pieces of pretty much anything work best because they can hold them easily and take bites off- cheese, pear, apple, toast, steamed or roasted squash or zuccini. My kids both loved plain noodles when they were that age, and rice but it was harder for them to eat.

As long as you're eating relatively healthy you can feed her whatever you're eating, modified if necessary, but at that age you probably wouldn't have to change much.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Smile Re: Introducing finger foods to 11 month baby girl...

Alright I confess, I'm working on my healthy diet as well.... I'm like a complete food-dummy, but i use google alot to find out how to do things, French fry shaped foods are a great idea! Cheese was always something I wondered about, like do you use string cheese? Or would there be a good soft cheese to slice?
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

My son is a cheese snob - Gouda, havarti, feta chunks, cheddar (but only hoop cheddar ). You'd be surprised.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

As for meat, we give our 9 month Old (who us only just getting her 1st tooth) tender meat, like braised chicken with the braising sauce rinsed off, flaky fish, ground beef that we cook plain with no salt. Seasonings bug me much less than salt, she even seems to like fairly strong flavors.
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!