Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastmilk is decreasing

Unhappy Breastmilk is decreasing

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 3 weeks old baby and my lactation was great, I was able to pump 4oz from one breast and 4oz from the other one, now, if I pump about 2oz that's alot. My problem is that my baby is eating more than what I'm pumping and I don't want to give her formula. Is there any home remedy or herbal product that I could use to increase my breast milk? I am dying to nurse my baby

Default Re: Breastmilk is decreasing

Are you nursing as well? Or just pumping?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My tip would be just keep nursing on demand and pumping for extra. Your supply will balance out. Just remember the less you feed/pump the less you produce. Some one linked about the magic breastfeeding number on a different post, its an excellant article.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

I may be way off base here but is it possible that before you were over producing a bit and that is why you were getting so much when pumping? With Jenna, are you nursing whenever LO is hungry.

I ask because in the beginning for me and my 3 week old I was way over producing, we have evened out a bit more now and when I occasionally pump I maybe get 2 oz on the side he didn't nurse from but he is gaining weight and growing like a champ.

This is my first time nursing so as these ladies would tell you I have posted all over the place because it is a bit difficult to have faith in the beginning, but if weight is good and diaper output is good I wouldn't worry terribly much.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mirabelladesign View Post
    I may be way off base here but is it possible that before you were over producing a bit and that is why you were getting so much when pumping? With Jenna, are you nursing whenever LO is hungry.

I ask because in the beginning for me and my 3 week old I was way over producing, we have evened out a bit more now and when I occasionally pump I maybe get 2 oz on the side he didn't nurse from but he is gaining weight and growing like a champ.

This is my first time nursing so as these ladies would tell you I have posted all over the place because it is a bit difficult to have faith in the beginning, but if weight is good and diaper output is good I wouldn't worry terribly much.
    however if you are EP you may have to be proactive on really working to maintain supply.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language