Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm SO excited!!

Default I'm SO excited!!

I had to share...

First of all - we are having our consultation with the lactation consultant on Saturday morning. I am so happy - hopefully we'll get a good latch going and that problem will be "nipped" in the bud.

Also - (knock on wood) - I'm not going to get too excited about this yet, but I think the yeast infection in my nipples is going away. They are looking much better over the past two days - nice & pink and little or no cracking. YAYYY!!!!! I'm still using the nystatin after each feeding though - just in case.

Lastly, we went to the pediatrician this AM for Ashelyn's 2 week appointment. They said that at 2 weeks they like to see the baby back to their birthweight (she was 7 lbs 5 oz at birth). Well, today she weighs 8 pounds!!! I was worried also about milk supply b/c with my first daughter we had problems at the end of our short nursing time (1/2 oz pumped after 20 minutes when I had gone back to work - it would take all day of pumping to get one 4 oz bottle for her). This time I have been a little worried, but the Dr says no need to be concerned since Ashelyn has gained so much weight!!

I just wanted to share - I am so happy that things seem to be getting better for us. I had wanted so badly to have a great breastfeeding experience this time around and now I am feeling positive that it might just happen!!

Default Re: I'm SO excited!!

Congrats Momma! Sounds like you are doing a WONDERFUL job and ashelyn is gaining so well!! Glad to hear that thrush is almost gone. Keep up the good work.

Leslie
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

That is Wonderful Debi!!!!!!! So happy for you! Keep at it mama!

That's wonderful, Debi!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Great job Debi! I'm so happy to hear your winning the battle with thrush...I hope I do too! You see, we always think baby isn't getting enough...and it's so nice to get good news from the dr. My little guy was a little slow to get back to birthweight...and I thought I'd have to supplement...but now at 3 weeks he has surpassed his birthweight, and he has been exclusively BF. This forum has been a big help. Keep up the good work mommy!