Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Have any idea what he might mean?...

Default Have any idea what he might mean?...

My little guy talks all the time, mostly by pointing and grunting -- Oh yes, he's 15 months old.

He is an avid nurser, 2-4 times a day & several times at night. In the last month or so, he will point & grunt, poke whatever boob he wants to nurse from. It's even silly because sometimes he switches sides a few times. He'll even push my boob back into my shirt when he's done! It's never gotten to a point where it bothers... so I haven't thought much of it.

But, now he will point & poke right above my chest, my breastplate while grunting and talking -- and I can't figure for the life of me what he means! I thought maybe I was dry & he wants more milk, but nope... he does it even when there is still milk.

Any idea?? Please help He gets really frustrated now...
    In His Love, Rosie

Graicen Wynter
    1-6-10 at 11:48pm
    7 lb. 12 oz

Default Re: Have any idea what he might mean?...

He might just be working on his pre-language skills! Babbling, pointing, grunting, all early communication signals. He wants to interact with you and nursing is a great one on one time. My little girl has "talked" to her num nums since she was about 8 mos old. Now she says more but she still babbles to them. Now it's cute when she says "Thank you" after nursing but I wouldn't stress out about what he's saying.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: Have any idea what he might mean?...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    He might just be working on his pre-language skills! Babbling, pointing, grunting, all early communication signals. He wants to interact with you and nursing is a great one on one time.
    i agree.. i would assume he just wants to talk to you..
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling