Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Low supply and flu?

Default Low supply and flu?

HI LLLadies,my DS is 22 mos and we both got a flu.
    DS is fine he just had a bit of diarrhea but I'm having high temperature and it's two days I'm just drinking because I can't eat any solid.
    DS did not eat solids for a day or so but now he got back eating normally.
    I fell my breasts have totally dried up.
    DS doesn't generally drinks lots of liquids because he nurses a lot and now he has low diaper output and pee is a bit yellow.
    I'm worried and I don't know what to do.will my supply get back when flu is over?
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

Default Re: Low supply and flu?

I am getting over something similar myself. I'm EPing for a cleft baby, and i have hardly gotten anything the last few days at all. But, it is slowly coming back up with lots of pumping and giving myself recovery time. I'm still not pumping near my normal amount though.

For you guys, take it easy, hang out on the couch, let him nurse unrestricted and drink and eat. I noticed it didn't really start coming back up until I could eat normally...which happened for the first time last night.

If you have any, drink some Mother's Milk tea and eat some oatmeal.

This germ was brutal. Everybody got it in my family
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks,Susan,I'm trying to eat but it's very hard to ingest anything.now I'll try some oatmeal.I finally got in touch with my local LLLLeader and she told me fenugreek it's allright to take because it also helps the liver.but eating really it's soooooo difficult!!!
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

Once you recover, it should bounce right back in a couple of days. You might try offering liquids in a novel form to your lo b/c you seem concerned about DS's intake. In a straw, frozen, slushy, soup or applesauce or some other foods with high liquid content.

When I was sick around Christmas, my 2 year old told me my milk was "stinky" for a day or so. I think it just has a bit different taste.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.