Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pump weaning b/c of daycare

Default Re: pump weaning b/c of daycare

yeah it makes no sence...

try going the doctor note route.

maybe the meeting will go well you never know.

I can see why they have to have rules about milk in day cares because I can see the day care trying to cut corners and offering something besides milk cause its so costly.
    But also I can see the other side of it the kids waist alot of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    But if they have to treat it like blood, what suddenly changes the "blood" at one year?
    Haven't you heard? It loses all its nutritional value. That's why we all have to wean on day 365.

Wonder what the daycare would do with a vampire baby? Would they tell the parents "Sorry, you can't bring blood in for the baby. Because we have to treat it like milk. Grosssss!"
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

IF I had to choose I think I would just tell them that I refused the milk and then tell them to give jucie or water intsead.
    And then I would nurse more often when we were able to be together.

As long as toddler is nursing well 3-4 times in 24 hours you don't have to worry with milk subs.
    this might be helpful to you

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mi...pplements.html

He is an excellent nurser!

I nurse him every morning before I drop him off, he gets 15oz / 3bottles of breastmilk daily and gets bananas in the morning for breakfast and then some veggie in the afternoon for lunch. At home we nurse at least twice if not all night till bedtime, sometimes he just wants to stay on the boob allllll evening and just relax def when his teethers are bothering him or if he fell at daycare. I have to give him a little bit of food in the evening so he can have it at daycare...they won't give it to him there until he has had it at home for a week. It's really difficult to mix in the solid food during the evening when he just wants to nurse! So it usually takes a couple weeks to get a new food for him at daycare! He loves solid foods too...he's just a great eater all around!

Last I heard is that during the meeting with the nutrionist is that the parents were fighting to let the breastmilk/formula be a part of the childs menu with a doctors note. I personally think it is baffling to why I need a doctors note for something like this...but there really isn't much choice for us at this time. My husband is military so the baby is at the daycare on base. I'm just surprised that this topic didn't come up sooner with the mothers! I'm actually trying to change his primary care doctor...because his current ped pretty much blows everything off. He had RSV and she just sent him away telling me to just continue to drug him! We went back a couple days later and saw the other doc in the office and she was wonderful and actually showed concern!
    Baby boy Caps 10 Jul 10

Birthday: 7lb 6oz
    2months: 13lb 9oz
    4months: 16lb 8oz
    6months: 18lb 2oz
    9months: 22lbs

I at work on demand at home to make up for lost time while I'm at work!!

feel like a and lovin it!

good luck let us know how the meeting goes.

You could ask what are they going to do for children that cann't have cows milk,
    I'm sure there will be some around at some point.

I don't get it.

Where do daycares get off making nutritional decisions for kids? They're employed by the PARENTS, not the other way around. They should feed your child whatever you provide them with. Where do they get off dictating to parents??

I just don't get it.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

arm of the state.. cause you know that school lunches are so great...

I guess that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommacaps View Post
    He is an excellent nurser!

I nurse him every morning before I drop him off, he gets 15oz / 3bottles of breastmilk daily and gets bananas in the morning for breakfast and then some veggie in the afternoon for lunch. At home we nurse at least twice if not all night till bedtime, sometimes he just wants to stay on the boob allllll evening and just relax def when his teethers are bothering him or if he fell at daycare. I have to give him a little bit of food in the evening so he can have it at daycare...they won't give it to him there until he has had it at home for a week. It's really difficult to mix in the solid food during the evening when he just wants to nurse! So it usually takes a couple weeks to get a new food for him at daycare! He loves solid foods too...he's just a great eater all around!

Last I heard is that during the meeting with the nutrionist is that the parents were fighting to let the breastmilk/formula be a part of the childs menu with a doctors note. I personally think it is baffling to why I need a doctors note for something like this...but there really isn't much choice for us at this time. My husband is military so the baby is at the daycare on base. I'm just surprised that this topic didn't come up sooner with the mothers! I'm actually trying to change his primary care doctor...because his current ped pretty much blows everything off. He had RSV and she just sent him away telling me to just continue to drug him! We went back a couple days later and saw the other doc in the office and she was wonderful and actually showed concern!
    the fact that he had rsv makes it even more important that he has mamas milk when he needs it. Your milk is helping his little body fight off more illness! Seriously, can you just provide the milk and say it's whole milk?
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Haven't you heard? It loses all its nutritional value. That's why we all have to wean on day 365.

Wonder what the daycare would do with a vampire baby? Would they tell the parents "Sorry, you can't bring blood in for the baby. Because we have to treat it like milk. Grosssss!"

at your dumb DCP rules!!!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!