Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Well we didn't eve get started weaning..

Default Well we didn't eve get started weaning..

First off dh's allergies went haywire and he didn't get much sleep so I didn't want to wake him up more with a screaming kid. Main reson though was because I was reading more and more posts that made me realise that there is really NO reason to wean her right now other than me getting more sleep and that's not really a good enough reason for me. She actually slept from 1130pm to 430 am last night so I am satisfied that there WILL come a day when she will sleep all night in her bed I just need to be patient. Thank you ladies for all your posts they helped to give me insight and comfort that no matter what anyone says in my heart I KNOW I am doing what is best for my lil girl and me and that is all that matters!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: Well we didn't eve get started weaning..

Good for you, Mama! I'm glad you feel comfortable with where things are.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

She slept really well again last night so that makes things a bit easier also. I wish I could find a way to get her to drink cows milk but she just doesn't like it. I have tried chocolate, strawberry, and even the orange creamcicle stuff you put on icecream and no luck lol I just try to make sure she gets cheese everyday to try to compensate for it...
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

If you are still nursing 3-5 times in a 24hour period there is no need for cowsmilk. Your milk is higher in fat and calories. Don't stress about cow's milk. It's not really needed. The recommendation is made with the assumption that people WILL STOP at a year and they need something to REPLACE breastmik with. If you are going to continue than you don't need to worry.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    If you are still nursing 3-5 times in a 24hour period there is no need for cowsmilk. Your milk is higher in fat and calories. Don't stress about cow's milk. It's not really needed. The recommendation is made with the assumption that people WILL STOP at a year and they need something to REPLACE breastmik with. If you are going to continue than you don't need to worry.
    and way better than putting that junk in the milk!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

She usually nurses more that 5 times a day sometimes she wants to 5 times an hour. lol
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel