Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Too much solids?

Default Too much solids?

My baby girl seems right on track on the new WHO growth chart for breastfed babies but she hasn't gained any weight in the last month. I'm wondering if she is getting too much solids and not enough mommy milk.

Our mornings start at 8am with nursing then she will eat about two thirds of a banana (tossed in baby rice cereal so its not all slimy) at about 9am.

Then she will nurse alittle.

Around noon she will eat a 15ml (1 tbsp) sized baby cookie and a couple handfuls of cheerios.

Then around 3pm she'll nurse.

We have dinner around 5pm and she'll have some cheerios and whatever I'm having for dinner mashed up.

She'll nurse to sleep around 630pm and wake up for more at 10pm. We co-sleep so I couldn't tell you how much she eats at night but I know she does.

She battled a pretty nasty couple of colds this month and I'm wondering if its the colds or the food thats holding her growth back?

Any opinions?
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: Too much solids?

It definitely could be the cold slowing her growth down, but you might want to also offer to nurse just before offering her solids just to make sure she isn't filling up on solids rather than nursing.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I forgot to mention the reason I shy away from offering to nurse when LO isn't asking. SHE BITES! lol If I try to nurse her when she is not interested my LO will just bite me. Anyone else have this problem?
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma

No, but I think it's funny. She clearly has no problem telling you what she wants.

What if you hold off feeding her a solid lunch/dinner until she asks to nurse. Then nurse her and offer her some solids after.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    No, but I think it's funny. She clearly has no problem telling you what she wants.

What if you hold off feeding her a solid lunch/dinner until she asks to nurse. Then nurse her and offer her some solids after.
    LO has been rediculous stubborn since about 37w gestation lol.