Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Sling??

Default Nursing Sling??

My daughter wants to be held all the time. I dont mind during school hours, but once my other children get home, I have to tend to them. I am wanting to invest in a good baby carrier or sling so I can wear her around. There are so many on the market tho, Any suggestions on a good one??

Default Re: Nursing Sling??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kris10mommyof3 View Post
    My daughter wants to be held all the time. I dont mind during school hours, but once my other children get home, I have to tend to them. I am wanting to invest in a good baby carrier or sling so I can wear her around. There are so many on the market tho, Any suggestions on a good one??
    I also want it to be easily accesible to nurse her w/o having to take her out of sling.

I have several slings and a mei tai, but find I usually end up using a sling that was given to me called the Over The Shoulder Baby Holder. It's a padded sling, which some people don't like, but I find the comfy factor to be a pretty big deal. You may want to have a look over in the Babywearing section of Parenting Beyond Breastfeeding

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firefly View Post
    I have several slings and a mei tai, but find I usually end up using a sling that was given to me called the Over The Shoulder Baby Holder. It's a padded sling, which some people don't like, but I find the comfy factor to be a pretty big deal. You may want to have a look over in the Babywearing section of Parenting Beyond Breastfeeding
    I really like the Over the shoulder baby holder. Where did you buy it at? Is it sold in stores or online only?

It was given to me by my cousin, who carried her own babies in it and had already loaned it to a friend before passing it on to me. So I'd say it's also pretty durable! I'm not sure about buying one new, because I'm not 100% sure they're still made. Give it a Google and see what you come up with. If you don't find one, look at several photos of it (try to ignore that most photos of it are pretty 80s-riffic) and simply buy a padded sling that looks similar - I've seen several that follow the same basic design/construction.
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

I love my Maya Wrap. I'm still trying to figure out how to nurse in it but I know it's not too hard. I got it gently used from their website. I've been trying to nurse in the sling too, because my 9 week old nurses constantly and I have a 2 year old to chase!