i had surgery last night for an abscess from mastitis. the dr's wont let me nurse my 3 month old daughter. 1st they said wait 12 hrs due to the meds they gave me during surgery. (versed and vancomycin) then the dr (my regular dr, who delivered my daughter and is her pcp) came in and told me to wait 48 hrs because they put me on primaxin lc. the told me they'd give me meds to dry my supply but i refused. he told me to pump regularly then, and when i can bf, not to nurse her on the infected side because she'd get sick?!? ive nurse her on that side all the way up until 1 1/2 hrs before i had surgery. its almost impossible to pump that side from the incision, and no milk comes out. i asked to use ice to reduce swelling might help, they said no. i asked for lecithin to thin it out, he refused because he doesnt know what it is!! im getting very upset and frustrated and there is no LC here. just a bunch of dr's who dont seem to know what they're talking about. is there a way to contact someone from the LLL even if theyre not local? could they help me in anyway?? maybe fax info to the hospital? i dont know what else to do. im getting very upset by this, i really want to nurse, and my poor baby does too. when im around she screams her lungs off and roots like crazy, refusing bottles and binkies (shes drinking yucky formula! i didnt have bm stored up) i have to leave the room and only then can daddy calm her down. please someone help, advice, resources...anything. im mobile so i cant navigate this site very well. sorry this is so long and all over the place!