Re: Nursing as a birth control method?
If you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You nurse on demand
- You do not use any artificial nipples (bottles, pacifiers)
- You are breastfeeding exclusively (no formula, no solids)
- Your baby is less than 6 months old
- You never go >6 hours without nursing
- Your period has not yet returned
then breastfeeding provides about 99% effective birth control. Break any of these "rules" and the effectiveness declines markedly.
What methods have you tried? And what are you looking for in a birth control method? Maybe we can help you find something that works for you.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"