Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The biting baby.

Default The biting baby.

I have a 7 month old baby girl with 6 teeth, four on top, two on bottom, and she is a biter! I have read the FAQ and articles on LLL info pages and It seems I have tried everything, I tell her no, Pull her away and let her know she needs to be gentle when she nurses, but when I offer the breast again, she bites, again.

She bites as she latches on and when she is finishing up, recently she has broken skin and I can only nurse her on one side, and have to pump from the other because it is too painful to nurse... any advice?

Default Re: The biting baby.

I think the best idea for you is contacting a La Leche League leader. They can guide you much better than anyone can over the computer.

Is there a La Leche League Group in your area? The leaders will help you for free. Here is the link to find one:
    How to Find a La Leche League Leader Near You

And in case you haven't read these non-LLL sites for info on help with biting:

When Baby Bites

When Baby Bites ... #2

Let us know how things progress for you. Good luck!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Default Re: The biting baby.

Well, nursing her on the sore side actually helped heal it! The only way I could get her to stop biting was to cut the feed out altogether, instead of atking her off, Saying NO and putting her back on, I Said "NO Biting" and got up and we did something else for a few mins before returning to eat, she hated it enough that it only took 3 times before she stopped biting altogether! Happy to Say everything has gone back to painfree, loving nursing, and thank god for that!