Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Engorged and No Milk Coming Out

Default Re: Too Engorged and No Milk Coming Out

My god I am so sorry to hear this thats horrible, and certainly could have been prevented. I have to say I am amazed and humbled by your tenacity mama, I can't say that after an ordeal such as this I would be able to bring myself to continue to breast feed. You are an amazing mom, your little one is very lucky to have you.

and w/ PP!

I'm glad there has been a resolution, but what a crappy situation. Maybe once things settle down a bit re: infection and inflammation you will find that the ducts are okay - maybe not for this baby but for future babies. What an incredible mama you are!
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeno View Post
    and w/ PP!

I'm glad there has been a resolution, but what a crappy situation. Maybe once things settle down a bit re: infection and inflammation you will find that the ducts are okay - maybe not for this baby but for future babies. What an incredible mama you are!
    Good thoughts and prayers for you that this will be alright in the end. Again I am truly humbled by your persistence and ability to keep going through all of this.

Thank you for giving us the update - I've been thinking about you over the last several days and wondering about your outcome (and I know I'm not alone in that). What a terrible, terrible ordeal. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a quick recovery and as little permanent damage as possible. I think you're AMAZING for continuing to nurse your baby through this and planning to breastfeed future children. and
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

I am so sorry!!

I'd seriously be calling a lawyer to discuss malpractice. What happened to you is criminal!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Thank you so much to every one of you. Truly. As you can imagine, this has been extremely difficult on me emotionally and physically. Your support and kind words are invaluable to me during this rough time in my life. I moved to this state with my husband and left all my family and friends in Georgia, so I feel so isolated. I haven't told many people about the issue because it's become so hard to talk about. It was hard to talk about BEFORE the surgery, and now I feel completely disfigured on top of that. At least I have an online outlet in the LLL community.

yoginimama, I feel like what happened to me should have been stopped when I walked into my doctor's office and told them I thought I had an abscess. I don't understand why she told me I definitively didn't have an abscess before she saw my breast or touched it, and what happened afterward and the way she treated me I don't even like to think about. I was made to feel stupid and treated like garbage for seeking help when I was clearly in immeasurable pain. I wish every day that I would have gotten help that day so that perhaps things would be different now. I'm not the suing type, but I guess if I could get assistance with my medical bills and no one else would endure this type of treatment at that practice, maybe it would be worth it. I don't know. I know it would be hard emotionally to face that woman again. For now, I think I'm going to have to cancel the prescribed home health aide service because of monetary concerns. Hope my husband gets this job soon.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*minervabtfl View Post
    I'm not the suing type
    I'm not either, but
    I guess if I could get assistance with my medical bills and no one else would endure this type of treatment at that practice maybe it would be worth it.
    This is key.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos