Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Planning to order Medela Freestyle from AddALittleLove, anything else I should order?

Question Planning to order Medela Freestyle from AddALittleLove, anything else I should order?

Subject pretty much says it all. They seem to have the best price on the pump and receive good reviews for their service. The woman I've contacted has been wonderful to work with.

Just curious if there's anything else I should order from the site? I've read some recommend using different breastshields than the standard SoftFit that it comes with.

Also, should I order any of the breastmilk storage containers? Had planned on using the Lansinoh bags as they are cheaper and friends have told me they prefer those.

First little one is due in early April. Will be home for 3 months then back to work 3 days a week after that.

Just found this forum yesterday and have already found it so helpful.

Thank you!!

Default Re: Planning to order Medela Freestyle from AddALittleLove, anything else I should or

I absolutely love their nursing bras, but don't buy one untill at least 6w postpartum. You'll be shocked how big your boobs can get, so if you can find someone to size you after you milk is established you can prevent some uncomfortable days!
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: Planning to order Medela Freestyle from AddALittleLove, anything else I should or

I'd wait. You never know what you're going to like - I can't use the soft fit, but I've heard others swear by them.

You could always just place a new order or get back up supplies at a retail store.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Thank you both so much for your quick replies!

Sounds like a good idea to wait until after we're settled for a bit after the birth and then get fitted for a good nursing bra and also see how the pump is working for us. They sell the shields at our local baby store so would be quite convenient to pick up.

Just placed my order from AddALitltleLove, so excited for it to arrive. Not sure I should be so excited about a pump but I am!!

Just need to get my Lansinoh storage bags and some nursing pads and that area should be all covered.

Now if little one would just get here..

Don't look at me funny, but I kind of enjoyed nesting. Sounds like you do too.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos