Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Toddler sharing

Default Toddler sharing

Sharing is something that you want to encourage. I think it's great that my 29 month old wants to share with her 7 month old little sister.

The problem is what she wants to share with her. BLS is one thing, but being given a toasted multigrain bagel with butter is quite another! It's not like we're leaving them unattended, but as any Mom can attest to, 2 year olds are freakishly fast.

For Mom's with babes close in age, how did you stop them from sharing inappropriate foods?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Toddler sharing

I have tried to teach my Step daughter about choking with her dolls and such, but I still find her giving my 7m daughter bread ect. So I guess I'm in the same place!
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

We just have explained over and over again that he has to ask us before he shares and most of the time he does. It's less of an issue now that Levi is getting older, but a couple weeks ago Lance gave him a bunch of nuts. He asked to nurse looking like a chipmunk, and spit out 2 cashews and an almond.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Omgosh! lol Nuts of all things! I would have had a heart attack! Barbie shoes are my biggest fear now a days.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!