Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: One boob bigger than the other

Default One boob bigger than the other

My right boob is bigger than my left and it feels fuller. I get more let-down from it while feeding (from the same boob). I BF my DD from both sides equally... at least I think so. I switch breasts at every feeding. I don't switch during the same feeding because she is usually done before I even try to switch. Both sides do leak at the same time during let-down (say I hear my DD crying) but I'm not sure if one leaks more than the other. By looking at my nursing pads, they seem pretty even.

Does anyone have the same problem? How do you deal with it? I guess it's not really a problem since I know my DD is getting enough milk. It just looks kind of weird as the difference in size is pretty noticeable.

Default Re: One boob bigger than the other

I had the same thing...it kinda gets better but my left is usually always bigger than my right ....at least since I had ds! Sorry no advice, but at least I have the same problem (and so does my sister!)

With my DD my left breast was significantly larger and produced a great deal more milk. I noticed it stayed larger in the months after I stopped making milk. My Mom told me to try to even them out when my DS was born in July. I made a concerted effort to make the right breast the more popular one. LOL It actually worked they seem much more even. I know you are probably laughing by now. My DH finds the whole thing hysterical!

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

We all generally have one that's bigger than the other. I also block feed. (One side at a time) and the way to even things out is to feed on the smaller side more often. So try feeding off of it twice to every one side you feed off of your naturally large one. It should up the production on that side and make them more "even" HTH!!

Lefty is bigger than Righty....I think that is normal, or at least it is in my family, we are lop sided anyway before having kids and breastfeeding, so it gets really bad when milk hits them

my right side is a bit bigger than my left side...not too noticeable though...only in milk production. when i pump, i can get about 4-5oz from the right side, while i only can get about 2oz from the left side.

as the pps stated, it's totally normal!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

My right is almost a whole cup size bigger than my left, and it has been that way since I had my dd 6 years ago and never changed. It was not as noticable after I weaned her and before i had ds. But I think it has more to do with the fat and tissue than actual milk supply. Also, be careful about nursing more on one side than the other, you don't want to risk getting a clog. Not fun!

My boobs have always been a different size and I was led to believe by my mother that its normal. It hasn't affected me when breastfeeding.