Announcing the 2009 World Breastfeeding Week Celebration Grant Winners!
We are happy to announce that ten 2009 USA World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations Grants, totaling $5931, have been awarded to La Leche League Groups in the USA:
• LLL of Bainbridge Island, WA - $450 to fund two Leaders to attend a workshop to learn about working with mothers of minority cultures.
• LLL of Marian County, FL - $860 to fund breastfeeding information folders.
• LLL of Michigan - $666 toward a pilot project to produce and distribute a creative publication at birthing locations.
• LLL of Orange, VA - $500 to provide dry erase boards with LLL contact information to new mothers when they leave the hospital.
• LLL of Saginaw, MI - $305 for new nursing mothers’ canvas bags.
• LLL of San Luis Valley, CO - $750 to help fund a project with local artists to normalize breastfeeding through the distribution of breastfeeding imagery in the community.
• LLL of Spokane, WA - $600 for local phone line support and LLLI pamphlets and tear-off sheets.
• LLL of Starkville/Columbus, MS - $400 to hold a “Lunch and Learn” event for local HCPs.
• LLL of Topeka, KS - $900.00 for flier distribution, breastfeeding packets, and first meeting incentives.
• LLL of West Akron/Medina, OH - $500 to assist with warm line expenses in the Cleveland area.
Money for these projects – five percent of all WBWC money - comes solely from World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations proceeds. Reports and financial details will be posted on the LLL in the USA (www.lllusa.org/admin/opportunities.php) and EUS and USW Web sites (www.llleus.org and www.lllusa.org/uswd) as they become available.
In early 2010, USA Leaders, Groups, Areas and Area Networks may apply for the 2010 World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations Grants. Leaders may submit requests for grants to fund projects that will spread La Leche League breastfeeding information and awareness on the local, regional or national level. Thank you to all who participated in the World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations—helping to raise the money for the World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations Grants.
The World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations Grants Team