LO refusing breast
I had a beautiful, well-written post about how my son has spent the day refusing to nurse three times, but it ended up in cyberspace after hitting the preview button, so now I will give you the highlights in systematic bullet form.
- LO is 15 weeks old
- I went back to work two weeks ago
- Breastfeeding has been great
- Husband gives him a bottle while I'm at work (12 hour shifts)
- Only able to pump 6oz once, maybe twice a day
- LO averages 4oz six times a day
- Diagnosed with PP Depression at six weeks
- Taking Zoloft 50mg
- Breastfeeding was a key issue. It was difficult, but I refused to give up.
- Suddenly refused to nurse this afternoon
- Since then, went back and forth between refusal and relaxed nursings
- I haven't cried like this since I was diagnosed
Is this the beginning of the end? I didn't see this coming. I think I'm on the verge of a breakdown. I didn't know the one thing that was so difficult to keep is the one thing I'm fearful of losing.
Re: LO refusing breast
:hug First of all let me say I love your post!!! Makes it remarkably easy to read and follow :ita :love :thumbsup
Second I understand how distressing that must be!! :hug Let me offer you this link to a resource that might offer some information to you regarding nursing strikes. Let us know if it helps :)