I have a 2 month old who always seems to be having gas pains all throughout the day, everyday
She is also always straining, enough that she now has a umbilical hernia. I know it isn't constipation
Because she has bowels movements everyday, however they are almost always very watery, and sometimes green. She also gets fussy when i fee her, she kicks around and will pull off my breast. Is this a sign of hyperlactation?
Re: Green poo
Welcome to the forum! What you describe does suggest that oversupply is a possibility. Here are additional symptoms to look for:
- baby coughs, chokes, splutters, gags, or makes a clicking or clucking sound while nursing
- if baby pulls off the breast during a letdown, you may observe milk squirting or streaming from the breast
- babies stools are consistently green, frothy, or watery
- baby is very gassy
- baby gains weight very quickly
- if mom is pumping, she may be able to pump multiple oz of milk with ease
- mom may frequently feel engorged or "full"
- mom may leak frequently
- baby may avoid comfort nursing
If you're not seeing quite a lot of these symptoms, I don't know that you want to go right to oversupply as an explanation for what you are seeing, because there are other potential explanations.
Re: Green poo
Thanks! Whats the best way to go about fixing this? Ive heard of the block feeding but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it