Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Hi! I feel you. My daughter is little and we've struggled with weight gain as well. We are supplementing, but I work full time (went back two weeks ago)and just can't seem to pump enough yet to keep her only on breastmilk, but I'm doing the best I can, and its only a few oz per day at least. :/
not sure this will help, but this is what ive done:
1. met with a good LC. got a weighted feed, then kept an eye on her weight and intake at home (dont go crazy with this, though, and if you're getting hung up on the numbers, stop. it helps me know what she's getting, but if it upsets you its not worth it.)
2. learned her cues and fed her everytime she seemed hungry. im still learning, but im getting there. when she unlatches, unless shes sleeping, i burp her, check her diaper, etc, then offer again.
3. check on her developmental milestones, as well as measurements, at each appointment.
4. drink mothers milk tea and take fenugreek just in case
5. pump when i can.
6. checked w family members . . . we have a history of small, slow to gain babies.