Today, 08:17 AM
Wanted to give you another ray of hope: I am another success story when it comes to increasing a dwindling milk supply. I actually have had oversupply with both of my kids (8-9 oz every 4 hrs), so for the first 9 months I was less than diligent with pumping at work. Come 9 months though, my entire freezer supply was gone and I was panicking.
Just as my son took the very last freezer bottle, I finally brought back more milk than he had drank in my absence. How did I do it?
1. Added 1 pumping session at work
2. Added 2 pumping sessions at home (previously I was not pumping at home, only nursing)
3. Tried to nurse more frequently, although it really was not possible as he really is such a boob-man, and was already nursing every 1-2 hours, lol. (he is language delayed, but his only word for many months was "milk")
4. Fenugreek and blessed thistle for about 3 weeks, I don't remember the exact dose, but I know I used maybe only half the recommended dose
5. Refusing to fail. I made it my goal to EBF my child, and nothing was going to stop me. This was probably the most important factor. I wasn't going to "try" to increase my supply, I was GOING to increase my supply.
I only had to do this for about 3 weeks, then I was able to catch up.